Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goddess Pride

The last time I wrote about Goddess Pride, my working title was “Out Of The Closet.” I was naively surprised to learn that more than a few people thought that meant I was a lesbian. I’m not a lesbian (not that there’s anything wrong with that); I’m a heterosexual goddess. There are plenty of lesbian goddesses out there; I’m just not one of them.

My initial intention in “coming out” was to fully embrace my goddessness and be as open in my hometown as I was in cyber-space. How else I could I be authentic and truly share my secrets and successes as an Everyday Goddess. I commenced dispensing Fruit Roll-Ups (with my web address on them) at the local Shoprite & track, sent blog invitations via e-mail to the Mayor of my town (an incredible woman) & others I knew casually, and signed up on Twitter.com under my real name. There’s no going back into the everydaygoddess.org closet now whether I want to (sometimes) or not.

Shortly after the aforementioned self-outing endeavors as a Goddess/Blogger began in earnest, I started worrying in much the same way that George Costanza of Seinfeld fame worried about everything. What would people think?

What if people in my town knew I was more happily married and in love with my husband of twenty-two years than ever before?

What if the women in my town thought poorly of me for having New-York- Times-Best-Seller-List quality sex with my spouse?

What if the men in my town thought disapprovingly of me for partaking in plentiful pleasures of the flesh with my other-domestic-half?

What if my spelling and grammar skills were lacking?

Did I really care what people thought? Do I care now? Of course I did and do.

Nevertheless, the more feedback I get regarding the improvements others have made in their intimate relationships as a result of knowing me, the greater my pride swells (not my head, just my pride).

No comments:

Post a Comment