Thursday, February 11, 2010

Strange Head Fellows

I love writing about people who've had a positive impact on my life. It’s my way of celebrating and thanking them for their contributions to my well being. I’ve honored many on these e-pages including Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Laura Berman, and Dr. Mehmet Oz Many of my great ideas these days have been inspired by the celebrity voices in my head; and what better way to honor your teachers than to be a luminous student.

Oprah is a frequent guest in my head, probably because I’ve enjoyed and absorbed many a show over the years on which she's discussed a plethora of topics about health, spirit, relationships, finances, entertainment, and whatever else in the world needs discussing. When Oprah says it’s OK to talk about or do something, it’s really OK. It’s as if civilization recognizes "The Oprah Seal of Approval." She’s an entertainer, an educator, and a friend (in the energetic sense of the word) who gives of her gifts such that individuals (like me) may be inspired to live their best life. 

Dr. Berman reminds me to keep my eye on the prize of a superlative marital relationship: a trio of intimacy, fun, and great sex.  Her information is always delivered with professionalism, style, and humor. I'm still following the three part, seven step (how to have the best sex of your life) plan that she discussed on the finale of  Dr. Oz National Sex Experiment and I'm happy to report, the plan is working well.

Dr. Oz keeps me focused on good health habits. I’ve started eating breakfast and I’m seriously trying to cut back on eating simple sugars and bleached foods. I’ve even begun to experiment with fresh fruit as an alternative to candy during oral sex. You can have healthy, sensual fun with berries, melon, and juicy pineapple chunks. Top this off with a mouthful of dark chocolate (high in anti-oxidants) and you’re likely to consider putting this dessert activity on the menu when planning your next romantic dinner. Just be careful to avoid finding yourself in a predicament in which you have to explain why you (or your partner) has a blueberry lodged in a place where one shouldn’t be.

All in all, I’d say the celebrity voices in my head don’t make such strange head fellows. Love, Love, Love and Thank you, Thank you Thank you to Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Laura Berman, and Dr. Mehmet Oz for taking up space in my head. If only I could charge rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment