Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Getting Healthy With Dr. Oz

It feels like everywhere I go lately, I see something that reminds me of Dr. Oz. He’s on magazine covers galore, radio, and TV. I have at least a dozen Dr. Oz shows in my DVR library; and I’m currently carrying two magazines in my untidy and overflowing purse on which Dr. Oz’ sweet face is smiling at me, beckoning me to join him in the pursuit and attainment of health and wellbeing.

When I tackled the Dr. Oz National Sex Experiment, the results improved my marital relationship exponentially. Needless to say, I’m still following the Dr. Oz/Dr. Berman modus operandi for continued connubial bliss.  So why not take another challenge? But which one: The Dr. Oz Ultimate Diet, Dr. Oz’s Healthy Heart Challenge, the Ultimate Health Challenge, 10 Years Younger In 60 Days, or The Orgasmic Diet Action Plan?

My current life-style has dramatically deteriorated since my appearances on The Dr. Oz Show early this year. What’s up with that? I used to wake up every day at 6 am (rain or shine) and go to the track (5 miles, 7 days a week).  Now I wake up at 6 am, make myself a cup of coffee, go straight to the couch (remote control in hand), turn on the TV, and wait for my kitty Jellie to fall asleep in my lap. And that’s just the beginning of my day. All but my sex life has deteriorated dramatically… and even that has become a little ho-hum lately.

I’m overwhelmed with the options for renewing my health vows. I obviously need a Goddess Make Over, from the inside out. Dr. Oz recommends finding a partner who’s on “the same journey to health.” So who’s it going to be:  my BFF (Debra) or perhaps one of you?  I’m starting something tomorrow.  I am. I really am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment