Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sweet Or Silly?

It was my darling daughter’s twenty-second birthday yesterday. She’s away at school so I didn’t get to see her, hug her, or kiss her. My only communication with her was a phone call during which I sang a wistful Happy Birthday.

Today I’m home alone, enjoying my solitude, without feeling obliged to do any housework whatsoever. Instead of playing my standard musical favorites while dancing around the living room, I listened to the cheerful music of Raffi Cavoukian, the Canadian singer-songwriter once referred to as the most popular children’s entertainer in the western world” (Washington Post). It was when my sweet girl was just a baby that we discovered the joy of Raffi.

Anyone with young children in their lives who doesn’t already know about Raffi should take note of his website http://www.raffinews.com/ and purchase a cd or two or three or more right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment