Thursday, May 28, 2009

George Clooney & Me

Men have been known to fantasize about other women while making love to their wives or girlfriends.  Women, on the other hand, have been culturally discouraged (probably by men) from the same thought process. Fantasy, nevertheless, can be lots and lots of fun; and a good time that’s had by all (at nobody’s expense) is a pretty high-quality ambition.

At the right angle, with the lights down low, my adorable husband looks like George Clooney.  From time to time, while peeking out from unfocused, squinty eyes, all I can see is my darling’s profile and his close cropped salt & pepper hair.  From that perspective, he’s a dead ringer for George.  

It wouldn’t be a far cry for Oprah to turn a sexual encounter with Stedman Graham into a heated moment with Will Smith.  It would, however, be a greater stretch for Rhea Perlman to experience Danny DeVito as Antonio Banderas… a greater stretch yes, impossible?… of course not. It might simply require a bit more squinting, less light, or possibly a few cocktails before hand.

I still find my husband very attractive although he looks quite different than he did when we got married. Our happy nuptial photo features him with the most striking head of dark curly hair and a thick dark moustache. How dazzling he looked in his tuxedo… YOWZA!

Most of the time, I see my husband as he is now, still adorable, with salt & pepper hair.  When I’m in the mood for a change of scenery, I utilize my fantasy tools to conjure up the likes of George Clooney, Richard Gere, or Shah Rukh Kahn, the Bollywood movie star (none of whom bear any resemblance whatsoever to my honey).

No comments:

Post a Comment