Monday, May 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett: A Warrior Goddess


I’ve bought and displayed a single poster in my lifetime. It was the iconic swimsuit pinup poster of Farrah Fawcett. I must have known instinctively (way before I was aware of earthly Goddesses) that Farrah Fawcett was one. Her youthful beauty was astounding. It wasn’t just her hair or perfect teeth; it was something intangible, some inner quality that’s grown more exquisite with time.
I watched ''Farrah’s Story'', the video diary chronicling her battle with anal cancer. The documentary, though painful to watch at times, was insightful and poignant. Farrah Fawcett is a Warrior Goddess: Brave, Bold, and more Beautiful than ever. Clearly, beauty is far more than what’s visible to the eye.
It is with admiration and sadness that I pay tribute to Farrah Fawcett on my humble e-pages. Her desire and ability to help others even as she slipped away from vitality is worthy of reverence.
There is no death, just a passage from one journey to the next. What remains for those who are left behind are the luminous memories that live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment