Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have To Fly

The last two weeks have been absolutely amazing. So what do I share today? I wonder which experience will resonate most and with whom?  

Two week-ends ago, my honey and I attended two incredibly wonderful weddings.  Friends Buddy & Sherona got married; and six hours later Katie & Sing said their I Dos. Weddings are such joyful and optimistic occasions; there’s always so much love in the air and ethers.

Two days ago, Debra (The Medicine Woman), a group of bird loving others, and I released a Peregrine Falcon “Montclair” back into the wilds of Montclair, NJ.  Five and half months ago, Clair flew into a local hospital, was rescued and brought to The Raptor Trust where she was loved, nurtured, and Reiki’d back to health. 

Yesterday, my darling daughter graduated from college with honors. I’m such a proud Mama. I love, like, and admire my beautiful girl.   She’s one of the most loyal people I know. She’s so smart and has an admirable work ethic.  She’s funny and creative. She’s all that, and much, much more.

What do the weddings and the graduation have in common? Buddy, Sherona, Katie, Sing, and my daughter, like the Peregrine Falcon, have taken flight into a new beginning.

May they (and you) be surrounded in love, look forward to the future with optimism, and find joy at every turn along the way through new beginnings.

Remember these words of wisdom:  Sometimes you just have to fly.

2 comments:

  1. Gail,
    What a beautiful analogy with the Peregrine Falcon, weddings and your daughter's graduation. Congratulations on your daughter moving on with honors. She must take after her Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all these things.. :)

    ReplyDelete