Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Husband Does So Look Like Brad Pitt


Watching movies is one of my favorite things to do (and I hope we all know that filling one’s life with one’s favorite things is good for the soul). I often catch up with my dvr’d films early in the morning. On days off from work, like today, I get out of bed at 6:30 AM, brush my teeth, make a cup of coffee, plant myself on a loveseat, pick a flick, and wait for my cat Jellie to lie across my fleece draped lap and fall asleep.

This morning I watched Kalifornia, a 1993 film starring Brad Pitt, Juliette Lewis, David Duchovny, and Michelle Forbes. The rating is for abundant violence and sexual content which is not very pretty. I didn’t love the movie; it was too violent. I did, however, love, love, love Brad Pitt’s performance. He’s such a wonderful actor, so versatile not to mention easy on the eyes (even when he looks scruffy and dirty). I probably selected this film (of the many in my stash) because of last night. I was lying in the crook of my husband’s arm, looking upwards toward the right side of his face.  From that angle, he looked just like Brad Pitt. 

Take a look at the picture of Brad atop this blog post.  If you place an index card over it, from the upper right hand corner to the lower left hand corner (forming two right triangles in which the left triangle is obscured by the index card) that’s just what my husband looks like in our dimly lit fantasy room. My husband does indeed, have Brad Pitt’s mouth and smile.

I don’t ever fantasize that Brad Pitt and I are making love. He’s really not even my type. But it is fun to be with my honey when he’s lying in the right light, at the right angle, looking like the male half of Brangelina. 

1 comment:

  1. Watching movies on your day off sounds great! Esp with your Brad-Pitt (half face) look-a-like hubby around ;)

    ReplyDelete