Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Musical Gift #2 For You: Deva Premal

There’s music for every occasion and purpose. Carefully selected tunes can lift downtrodden spirits, propagate joyfulness, inspire dancing, or enhance a meditation practice. Sensual Meditation (see previous blog entry so named) is a vehicle which can transport individuals to blissfully altered states of consciousness during lovemaking.

Rarely a day goes by that I don’t listen to the music of Deva Premal (http://www.devapremal.com) . She and the love of her life, Miten, create and perform soul nourishing music. On and off the yoga mat, in my office, and as background during my developing sensual meditation practice, the music of Deva Premal and Miten takes me to soulful places I once thought were beyond my reach. Om Mani Padme Hum, from the cd Love Is Space, is one of my favorite sacred chants. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment